Here is advice we took from the composition feedback report we read in today’s revision session.
- Carefully shape your narratives.
- Carefully plan your characters and plot line, especially the climax
- Make use of settings that are familiar to you.
- Use the setting to build tension.
- Skilfully handle plot revelations.
- Don’t forget to reveal plot details.
- Don’t forget a climax
- Don’t include too many events.
- Don’t include unconnected and far-fetched details
- Don’t use too much dialogue.
- Use lively and varied vocabulary.
- Use a variety of sentence structures to create effects.
- Stay in the past tense.
- Be carefully with punctuation Use capital letters correctly.
- Avoid common spelling errors.