Have you forgotten how to organise and structure a letter of proposal? Read this!
- Introduce yourself (your name, any post/position, any group you are representing).
- Read the task – not always necessary to introduce yourself, if you are writing to someone you know.
- Acknowledge the task you have at hand (if the proposal is a solicited one) State the purpose of writing the letter
- For each point: Highlight current reality – identify the problem or what is lacking in the given situation
- State your proposed idea /suggestion/solution
- Explain how your idea can help improve the situation, or state the benefits of your ideas.
- Consolidate and persuade/assure at the end of each point.
- Keep your writing formal and polite
- Highlight the effort that went into preparing the proposal
- Summarise your main argument
- Show confidence that your proposal will achieve its intended purpose
- Thank the reader for reading your ideas.